WRITING BOOKS & ON-DEMAND BOOK-WRITING COURSE
OUR LATEST WRITING BOOKS
Together, we’ve written more than 130 books, but we’re especially pleased with our latest series–the ones designed to show you how to write and publish books and e-books. Our writing books and book-writing course (see below) will lead you from a fast start to a strong finish (and on to getting published!).
Write Your Book Now! Our Amazon Bestselling Book delivers dozens of tips and techniques for writing your own bestsellers! (Click on the cover for more info and to “Look Inside.”) “Reliable advice from two authors with a proven track record of success. Well organized and practical to implement for your own writing projects.” —MK Connor
Storytelling Toolkit: Why tell stories? Stories get results! Our brains are wired for stories, and nothing engages readers more than anecdotes, examples, and case studies. (Click on the cover for more info and to “Look Inside.”) Follow the tips & techniques in Storytelling Toolkit to:
1. Craft a powerful hook that sets the stage
2. Develop the details and present the conflict
3. Reach resolution to make your point (and get results)
Book Proposals Made Easy: You asked the questions, and now—all in one place—we’ve provided the answers in our newest book. (Click on the cover for more info and to “Look Inside.”) In this book, you’ll learn:
• Why you need a proposal, even if you’re planning to self-publish
• How a book proposal helps you write a more powerful book
• Facts about the pros & cons of self-publishing and conventional publishing
• What a book proposal package includes
How Not to Sound Stupid When You Write: We’ve scored another Amazon Bestselling Book—Lynda’s latest writing book about creating business content that people actually want to read! “Lynda McDaniel is brilliant at offering concise and practical tips! In only five minutes of reading through the book I have three new strategies which I can implement immediately. I heartily recommend this book for anyone looking for fresh ideas to bring into their writing experience.” —Jean Carlson Faulk
ON-DEMAND BOOK-WRITING COURSE: CATAPULT INTO YOUR BOOK
Our popular course featuring our Fast-Start/ Strong-Finish Method is now available on demand so you can watch and learn at your convenience.
We’ve brought all that we know to our concentrated book-writing course Catapult into Your Book – How to write a book fast! This comprehensive course includes six webinar sessions that lead you through our Fast-Start/Strong-Finish Method, the same approach that has helped our clients land book deals from Simon & Schuster, Warner Books, and McGraw-Hill, to name a few, and that has helped other clients successfully self-publish.M
WHY THIS COURSE IS SO VALUABLE
Did you know that 80 percent of Americans say they want to write a book, but only 2 percent ever do? While many consultants, speakers, business owners, trainers, and health care professionals know they need to write a book to boost their businesses, most never do. People who normally breeze through writing a blog or article find they freeze when faced with the challenge of 200+ pages in a book. Confidence in book writers is like self-control in 3-year-olds: it’s often missing. Catapult into Your Book boosts confidence with insider information and tricks of the trade that help you:
- Find the time and motivation to start—and finish—your book
- Understand today’s readers and what they look for in books
- Use scientifically proven techniques that grab readers’ attention
- Tell stories to create strong, memorable messages
FROM START TO FINISH TO PUBLISHED!
“I followed your plan & wrote a book! I not only started, but
I finished my how-to book on garden crafts.
Thanks for all your great tips!“
— Cindi LeRoy, author of The Twisted Garden
At The Book Catalysts, we’ve experienced the thrill of publishing—and the struggles getting there. We know all about letting manuscripts gather dust in a desk drawer. We understand what it’s like to have random notes or even a beautifully organized outline languishing in a computer file boldly named MY BOOK.
Does that sound familiar? Now think about what it’s costing you to not write your book, to not have this essential marketing tool to give you the credibility you’ve earned. From what we’ve experienced—and now see in our clients—hectic schedules and wavering confidence stop most people from finishing their books—or even getting started.
BUT YOU’RE NOT MOST PEOPLE!
We can show you how to reach your goals and fulfill your dream of writing and publishing books and e-books and reap the exciting—and concrete—rewards once you:
- Become a published author, instantly garnering new respect and prestige for your business/career
- Get your book into the hands of potential clients, appreciative readers, and important media.
- Make a contribution to your field—and be of service to others
- Create new opportunities to expand your speaking, training, and teaching
- Start commanding higher fees and enjoying greater financial rewards as a recognized expert
We’ve developed a proven Fast-Start/Strong-Finish Method that beats the time crunch, builds confidence, and gives you the results you’re after. We’re two career writers, and between us we’ve written more 125 books and 1500 articles. We’ve honed strategies to break through the hard times when already crammed schedules threaten the long-term goal to write—or finally finish—a book. We know how to plunge in and keep momentum flowing. M
“I am really enjoying and benefiting from what Lynda and Virginia do.
The combination of information, inspiration, and setting realistic
standards and goals is very powerful. Rock on!”
— Dr. Terry “Doc” Dockery www.businesspsychology.com
WHAT CATAPULT INTO YOUR BOOK INCLUDES
We hope you’ll join us for this creative journey. This isn’t your average workshop; it’s a powerful experience. You might say it’s a “happening,” to use a colorful phrase from our past. It’s a special time, a creative environment in which you’ll make great things happen. When we work together, you’ll discover how to:
- Carve out time, even with your hectic schedule, to write your books and e-books
- Take easy steps to prevent blocks to productivity before they derail your project
- Create your draft fast without losing your job, family, or mind!
- Engage your subconscious—the best writing partner you’ll ever have
- Practice brainstorming techniques to keep ideas flowing (but only if you know how to use them correctly—and most people don’t)
- Use creative techniques to keep readers engaged (most nonfiction writers skip these)
- Finish strong with polish and pizzazz
CATAPULT INTO YOUR BOOK IS SO AFFORDABLE
Don’t worry if you can’t afford a $5,000 book package. Most aspiring authors can’t! We find that many book-writing courses are often five or six times the cost of Catapult into Your Book. For a fraction of that, we’ll guide you through the steps you need to create book magic. When you take the classes and write between sessions, you’ll finish your book fast! We’ll also show you how to review your manuscript so you can self-publish this year or confidently send your proposal package to literary agents and/or publishers.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- Six recorded video sessions you can listen to at your convenience over a 10-week period (designed so you write, write, write your first draft between sessions).
- Six customized checklists (one for each session) to keep you moving forward between sessions.
- Dozens of Creativity Challenges to inspire you to go deeper into that marvelous brain of yours.
- Dozens of accountability and motivational check-ins to keep your writing flowing.M
COMPLETE PACKAGE WITH BONUSES IS ONLY $147M
REGISTER NOW AND RECEIVE TWO OF OUR BEST WRITING BOOKS AS A BONUS!
Write Your Book Now! We’ve pulled together some of our best resources in this Amazon Bestselling Book to show you how to write a book. Using our Fast-Start/Strong Finish Method, you can say goodbye to all the reasons you haven’t finished and published your book. This A to Z “how to write a book” guide pulls together topics in an-easy-to-use format that is sure to unleash your creativity, write past doubt, and even create time in your already hectic schedule. Even before your first class, you can begin to set important goals and become a more powerful writer and author! Words at Work, Lynda McDaniel’s award-winning book packed with inspiration and information to give you the confidence and know-how to write a successful book.
THERE’S NO MADNESS TO OUR METHOD
We take the pain out of writing books—we show you how to write books and e-books. We offer nurture, motivation, and accountability. Our Fast-start, Strong-finish Method shows you how to:
- Avoid the biggest writing error (almost) everyone makes every day
- Pick up your writing speed to save time—and increase creativity
- Tap into powerful ideas and solutions you didn’t even know you had
- Imitate to innovate—deconstruct writers you love to achieve your own successful book
- Get out of Dodge! We’ll share fun ways to boost both productivity and creativity
WHO ARE THE BOOK CATALYSTS?
The Book Catalysts are accomplished writers, editors, and coaches. We’ve worked with major clients from Microsoft and Visa to The Boeing Company and Institute of Management Consultants, and we’ve helped well-known professionals (like Alan Hirsch, M.D., the neurologist who created Sensa®, the popular weight loss system) write and publish their books.
Our clients have received book deals with (among others):
Our clients have appeared on:
QUESTIONS? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-662-9633.
CATAPULT INTO YOUR BOOK
1. Get Off to a Fast Start
- Make room for writing books—even with a hectic schedule. Create productivity targets to ensure your progress—and success
- Try five ways to double your writing speed
- Practice “Imitate to Innovate” to discover your ideal book
- Explore the value of a book proposal—even if self-publishing
- Identify good places to plunge in and start your book
- Get out of Dodge!
- Write in your sleep!
- Fast Start Checklist and Creativity Challenges
2. Craft Your Book Proposal (We all need one!)
- Explore the pros and cons of both independent and conventional publishing
- Develop your book proposal sections–even if you’re self-publishing
- Learn the protocols and effective strategies to approach literary agents and/or publishers
- Create a bang-up bio for your proposal and book promotion
- Brainstorm your promotion plan for your book
- Identify primary readers and the too often overlooked secondary markets
- Book Proposal Checklist and Creativity Challenges
3. Have Fun with Time-Tested Tricks of the Trade
- Create magic with your premise and promise
- Turn your Table of Contents into your GPS
- Create hooks to begin each chapter
—and develop powerful endings
- Break up your content into manageable chunks
- Develop chapter templates to make your life easier
- Fill information and research gaps
- Brainstorm to tap into creative ideas you didn’t even know you had
- Tricks of the Trade Checklist and Creativity Challenges
4. Unleash Your Inner Storyteller
- Hook your readers with stories
- Tell stories that activate memories and trigger emotions—where we buy and buy in
- Choose stories that engage the head and the heart
- Make your book unique with your stories (and anecdotes and case studies)
- Tell stories in stages for more impact
- Create a story inventory to capture stories for easy reference
- Use other story-like approaches such as similes, scenarios, and what-ifs
- Tell Successful Stories Checklist and Creativity Challenges
5. Go from Boring to Brilliant
- Create attention-grabbing titles, chapter titles, and subheads
- Introduce time-tested techniques to make your writing soar
- Develop detail to draw in readers keep them engaged
- Discover how words that rhyme add to the memorability of your message
- Add verve with vivid verbs
- Explore the right tone for your book
- Reveal your voice as you write to your readers, not at them
- Creativity Checklist and Creativity Challenges
6. Add Polish & Pizzazz for a Strong Finish
- Invite your inner editor to roll up its sleeves
- Discover what to cut, catch, and correct to avoid sabotaging your success
- Review the six C’s of editing to ensure a strong manuscript
- Identify remaining gaps or unanswered questions
- Read your book out loud and listen for clarity and flow
- Explore marketing tips and resources for your book
- Edit for Success Checklist and Creativity Challenges
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- Six video sessions you can listen to at your convenience over a 10-week period (designed so you write, write, write your first draft between sessions)
- Six customized checklists (one for each session) to keep you moving forward between sessions
- Dozens of Creativity Challenges to inspire you to go deeper into that marvelous brain of yours
- Two bonus books−Write Your Book Now! and Words at Work
COMPLETE PACKAGE WITH BONUSES IS ONLY $147M
Questions? Contact us by phone or e-mail here. M
More kudos from our clients:
“Virginia helped me create my book proposal and within one week I landed my dream agent. A few weeks ago I signed a contract with a publisher high on my dream list! Virginia gently guided me through the process of reworking my proposal into a more focused, powerful, and convincing piece. I’m looking forward to working with her again.” – Karen Lacey, author M
“I signed up with you because I love (and trust) your trust of the subconscious and its role in creativity. I knew I wanted to work with you based both on the depth of both your experience, as well as your philosophic approach. – Such great advice! THANK YOU to both of you!” – Guila Muir, author and training expert at Train the Trainer M
“As I wrote my book, I found Virginia’s comments and suggestions indicative of an extremely thoughtful and dedicated individual. She weaves her tremendous writing skill with a great deal of understanding and patience. I’ll not write another book without her.” – Kay Potetz, Ph.D.